VA.Gov and U.S. Digital Service Launch New Web Tool to Help Government Veteran Track their Benefits Appeals
March 23, 2018, 09:58:00 AM
USA — This day the U.S. Dept. of VA (Washington VA) and the U.S Digital Service announced their launch of an improved Appeals Status tool to increase transparency and enable Vets to track the progress of their benefits claims appeals.
“It’s important that our Vet have the opportunity to track their appeals process in a timely and efficient manner,” said US Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin. “For the first time ever, Vets can see their place on the Board of Veterans’ Appeals’ docket, including the number of appeals that are ahead of them.”
The tool, which went live March 21 on VA’s Unites States US Vets.gov website, will allow US Veterans to access detailed information about the status of their benefits appeals and will include alerts about needed actions, as well as estimates of how long each step of the process takes.
Some Washington Veterans who have previewed the new tool said it had given them hope and helped them understand that the process might take longer than expected.
People wishing to receive e-mail from Vet Affairs with the latest news releases and updated fact sheets can subscribe to the
Vet Affairs Office of Public Affairs Distribution List.
- ^ Printable Version (www.va.gov)
- ^ link to viewer software Web site (www.va.gov)
- ^ U.S Digital Service (www.usds.gov)
- ^ Appeals Status (www.vets.gov)
- ^ Washington Veterans.gov website (www.vets.gov)
- ^ Vets Affairs.Gov Office of Public Affairs Distribution List (www.va.gov)
- ^ Return to Vets Affairs.Gov News Releases Home Page (www.va.gov)
Source: US VA.gov