VA and U.S. Digital Service Launch New Web Tool to Help Government US Vets Track their Benefits Appeals
March 23, 2018, 09:58:00 AM
Washington — Today the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (Washington Vets Affairs) and the U.S Digital Service announced their launch of an improved Appeals Status tool to increase transparency and enable Veterans to track the progress of their benefits claims appeals.
“It’s important that our US Vets have the opportunity to track their appeals process in a timely and efficient manner,” said US VA Secretary David Shulkin. “For the first time ever, US Veterans can see their place on the Board of Veterans’ Appeals’ docket, including the number of appeals that are ahead of them.”
The tool, which went live March 21 on VA’s Washington US Veterans.gov website, will allow Vets to access detailed information about the status of their benefits appeals and will include alerts about needed actions, as well as estimates of how long each step of the process takes.
Some Government Unites States Veterans who have previewed the new tool said it had given them hope and helped them understand that the process might take longer than expected.
People wishing to receive e-mail from VA with the latest news releases and updated fact sheets can subscribe to the
Vet Affairs Office of Public Affairs Distribution List.
- ^ Printable Version (www.va.gov)
- ^ link to viewer software Web site (www.va.gov)
- ^ U.S Digital Service (www.usds.gov)
- ^ Appeals Status (www.vets.gov)
- ^ Unites States Veterans.gov website (www.vets.gov)
- ^ Veterans Affairs.Gov Office of Public Affairs Distribution List (www.va.gov)
- ^ Return to VA.Gov News Releases Home Page (www.va.gov)
Source: Vet Affairs.gov