Veterans Affairs Seeks Public Comment on Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers
January 5, 2018, 04:05:00 PM
Unites States — Today the U.S. Dept. of Vet Affairs (Veterans Affairs) announced it is seeking public comments on how it can further strengthen and improve caregiver support through the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC).
Through a Federal Register notice, Veterans Affairs announced a 30-day comment period to hear from stakeholders on whether and how PCAFC should be refined to support Government Veterans and their family caregivers.
“With this opportunity, Vets Affairs is following through on our promise to provide better service and improve consistency for the program,” said Veterans Affairs Secretary Dr. David J. Shulkin. “We’ve heard participants’ concerns and encourage them to share their personal experiences and perspectives to help us make changes.”
Vets Affairs will use feedback, requested through responses to questions, to guide any future regulatory modifications to support family caregivers of Veterans most in need, while also improving the program under the current law.
Through PCAFC, Veterans Affairs provides support for certain family caregivers of available Veterans seriously injured in the line of duty on or after Sept. 11, 2001, including a monthly stipend, access to health-care for eligible caregivers, counseling, training and respite care.
People wishing to receive e-mail from Vet Affairs with the latest news releases and updated fact sheets can subscribe to the
Vets Affairs Office of Public Affairs Distribution List.
- ^ Printable Version (www.va.gov)
- ^ link to viewer software Web site (www.va.gov)
- ^ Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (www.caregiver.va.gov)
- ^ Federal Register notice (www.federalregister.gov)
- ^ Federal Register notice. (www.federalregister.gov)
- ^ www.caregiver.va.gov (www.caregiver.va.gov)
- ^ VA Office of Public Affairs Distribution List (www.va.gov)
- ^ Return to Unites States Vets Affairs News Releases Home Page (www.va.gov)
News Source: https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/PressArtInternet.cfm?id=3994