Savory Egg Custard recipe demonstration by dietetic intern Tae Park. Filmed by VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System.
Savory Egg Custard
• 3 eggs
• 1/3 cup Vegetable broth
• 1 shiitake mushroom
• 2 medium shrimp
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Whisk eggs and vegetable broth in a bowl gently. Try not to froth up the eggs. Strain the mix through fine mesh strainer. Set it aside.
3. Cook shrimp in boiling water; cook until opaque, about 30 seconds.
4. Prepare shiitake mushrooms. Remove the stems and slice.
5. Add sliced shiitake mushroom and shrimp to a small cup or bowl (ramekin) per person. Then fill the cups with the egg mixture.
6. Cook it in the oven for 25 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
*Serve as an appetizer
Nutrition Facts for 1 serving:
Calories: 128.41 kcal Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 242 mg Total Carbohydrate: 5 g
Fiber: 1 g Protein: 11 g
Potassium: 275 mg
*Nutrients calculated using whisk.com
Whisk or fork (or chopsticks)
Fine mesh strainer
Ramekin (small ceramic pudding cups)
Bowl or cup
Greetings my name is Rich,
I own U.S Veterans and I am a Veteran. I am making a website to help and inform US Veterans. I have many sites I own so I am a little slow at times. For those of you that have been following me this is my final answer for this website U.S. Veterans! I will be populating and updating it over the next few months as the site grows I hope to open it up more for veterans to log into and help and inform others of their experiences by early 2021.. I hope you find something helpful here and be sure to check back for updates. I have many news sites, you will find the RSS Feeds for those sites on U.S. Veterans.