Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Veterans Affairs.GOV is committed to serving DC and providing them with the best possible health care. This is why VA redesigned My HealtheVets and adopted U.S. Web Design Standards to improve Veterans’ online experience. My HealtheGovernment Veterans, VA’s online personal health record, is a free tool to help US Veterans take charge of their health care.
The site will feature new colors and a leaner, cleaner look. Unites States Veterans will notice that all their favorite My HealtheVeteran features such as Pharmacy, Appointments, Secure Messaging, and Health Records are still accessible on the home page.
What Enhancements Can Veteran Expect?
- New Drop-down Boxes: There are now fewer tabs, making it easier for Vet to quickly navigate to where they want to go. We replaced 13 red and white tabs with six blue drop-down topics. Each of the following topics has drop-down navigation sub topics to help Veteran locate their targeted feature:
- Personal Information
- Research Health
- Get Care
- Track Health
- MHV Community
- Search, About, Contact: These resources are now on the upper right-hand corner of every page, making them more visible.
- Quick Links: The popular “Quick Links” section, with links to USA Vets Affairs resources, is located on the bottom of every page.
- Login and Register: The Login and Register buttons are clearly visible. Registration requires fewer steps.
- Other Changes: Overall, My HealtheUnites States Veterans is adopting the VA-wide web design. Washington will notice some other minor changes, such as the eye-catching Login and Register buttons.
What Will Be the Same?
- Health Information: Veterans’ Veterans Affairs.GOV health information and self-entered data will not be affected by this change.
- Features and Functionality: All features and functionality are the same. US Vets will still be able to accomplish their tasks as before (refilling prescriptions, sending Secure Messages, accessing Vets Affairs.GOV medical records etc.).
- User ID and Password: My HealtheVet User IDs and passwords are not affected.
Need More Information or Have Questions?
- Visit www.myhealth.va.gov and click “Contact” in the upper right corner,
- Call the My HealtheGovernment Veterans Help Desk at 1-877-327-0022 or 800-877-8339 (TTY), Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Central Time), or
- Contact the My HealtheVet Coordinator at your local VA.GOV Medical Center.